Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Best Friend

Thirty one years ago today, I married my BEST FRIEND
January 19, 1980 - Has it been 31 years? 
We got married on a Saturday afternoon.
Glenn sang to me during the service. 
I wore Bev's mother's dress (25 years old).  I loved the lace!

For the past 31 years, Glenn has taken me on an adventure.  A journey. We have raised our 3 children overseas in Bolivia and we have
  • worked as auto mechanic serving WBT missionaries for several years
  • worked as Aircraft mechanic, Field Director and Administration in Bolivia for 15 years
  • worked out of Dallas in the Field Support and Pastoral Care for 5 years
  • ministered in Guatemala for 4 1/2 years as Pastoral Care givers
All in all, Glenn has blessed me with his graciousness and sweetness throughout our marriage.  He has loved me, been there with me through Thick and Thin.

As I reflect, we have had some sweet years together.  There have been some pretty tough years - 1990 when Glenn's mom died, all 3 kids got chickenpox and we were moving back to Bolivia all in the span of 2 months. We also all got hepatitis. Then most recently, during the fall of 2010, as we were traveling, I fell and broke my ankle.  Glenn was a magnificent caregiver for me.  He is patient and thoughtful. Come to think about it, I did not marry my best friend 31 years ago, Glenn has become my best friend during these past 31 years.


Happy Anniversary, Honey!
~J

2 comments:

  1. awww...happy anniversary!!! we prayed for you all at dinner last night...we pick a christmas card every night at dinner and pray for who we pick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!!!! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete