Friday, January 07, 2011

Glenn's Bicycle Trip in 1976 - 35 Years Later

We've come full circle.  Glenn first visited Guatemala back in 1976 on his Bike trip and I was here on my first mission trip in 1973 and then again in 1977 as in intern.  Who would have thought that 35 years later, we would be living and ministering here in Guatemala?  God is Good!
Several months ago, we visited Ben B.  He and Glenn rode their 15 speed bicycles from Dallas, Texas to Colombia, South America. 
With permission, I quote from Ben's FB page
1976-01-01 After many months of preparation The Spokesmen, Glenn Stewart and myself, headed south from Dallas, TX on bicycles believing that sports evangelism could be a very effective tool in reaching bicycle racing enthusiasts. We had done very little amateur racing and no professional racing but we went off in faith anyway. With only a few sponsors and not enough to cover our expenses we were surprised by God over and over again when very poor people invited us in and shared what they had with us. Sorry, these are not in chronological order yet. 35 years later Glenn & I are still missionaries and God continues to provide for our needs in much the same way!!!

Wow, Glenn, you have aged wonderfully.
Imagine 4 months and 5,000 miles!  I am proud of you, Glenn!
~J

2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy!

    I just saw a comment of yours on Courtney's blog about new blog headers. I made my own header this month using the most helpful tutorial.
    http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/2009/08/tutorial-on-how-to-make-blog-banner.html
    Alan and I love the book markers you guys brought to RBC and both use them as reminders to pray for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, judy! that's amazing! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete