Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Feliz Navidad


 The Whole Marr Family

Last Sunday we were able to gather with
GrandMommy and GrandDaddy Marr
for our Christmas.

Family Christmas changes from year to year, however it is being with family that makes it special. 

  Spending most of my adult Christmases as a missionary mom in Bolivia, I enjoyed being with our kids and being in a different culture.  Now, as an older adult mother, living in a totally different country than the heart country of my kids, I find it more challenging to get together on a regular basis.
 
We really didn't have much of your "traditional family Christmas time", but at least we were together.  We spent Saturday morning celebrating Grandma Vi's 80th birthday, then in the evening, we sat around the CAM "great room" and exchanged some gifts.  We laughed and we cried.  I didn't cook my traditional Cinnamon Blitz for breakfast nor the Mexican Casserole for Christmas dinner.  We didn't have my cross-stitch stockings with me this year either.


But, we were together.

The kids have gone on their merry way - Ellen and Luke on up to Indiana, Karen and Thomas on up to Illinois and Gary with GF Madi to Missouri. Glenn and I will spend a few more days before my "hopefully" last doctor's appointment for my left ankle, then we'll head on back home to Guatemala.

However, I'll always remember this Christmas, as we celebrated Jesus' birthday with family
at GrandDaddy and GrandMommy Marr's house.

With the GrandKids

Ronnie and family

 Sherrie and family

Rick and family
~J

1 comment:

  1. Judy, I know what you mean about changes in our traditional Christmases--my kids and grandkids got together last weekend--except for Margaret,who lives near Portland now. Christmas weekend will find everyone in different states--a very different and very quiet Christmas.
    God bless you and Glenn, and your family.

    ReplyDelete