Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Year in Review

What words would describe 2010?

Looking back over 2010, I feel it has been a very challenging year yet rewarding at the same time.  

Naturally, since we are just now "coming off" of our 3 month home assignment adventure that was interrupted by my broken ankle accident right smack in the middle of it all, my first final thoughts of 2010 reflect on the word wheelchair.  Glenn patiently cared for me in every sense of the word.  I was helpless.  I depended on him so much.  He listened and understood my challenges and my discouragements.



Another word would be Friends.  We spent our furlough (aka home assignment) renewing friendships with supporters across the USA.  Most, if not all of these friends, have supported us for years.  Wow, we are truly blessed.  We were also blessed by our friends on the field ~ as we worked together throughout the year.  As we gave, we received.  It is a win-win situation!



How about North Dakota?  Who travels to ND?  I don't think I've ever met anyone from ND. Actually, while we were driving in the SE corner of ND, Glenn received a phone call from Dick in Dallas who is from that general area we were visiting. However, this year, Glenn and I visited ND for 45 minutes, making it my 50th and final state to visit. 



Another word would be 30 year anniversary which we celebrated on January 19, 2010.  Has it been 30 years?  We have explored different parts of the world, raised 3 kids who love and honor the Lord, worked in different ministries, served in three countries (United States, Bolivia and now Guatemala).  Thank you Glenn!  I wouldn't trade this voyage with you for the world.


How about the word accomplishment? We did it!  Glenn and I finished our "degree completion" through Moody Bible Institute.  We graduated with our daughter, Karen.  You know it was challenging to hit the books again, yet it was a rewarding experience.  Now what?  Glenn and I are applying for some additional on line courses from Dallas Theological seminary starting 2011.


As we look forward to new challenges in 2011, I am reminded of God's love for each of us.  He will take care of us in the every sense of the word. 
Happy New Year!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment