Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mam Bible Dedication Part 5 -the Last Edition

 
With permission, I'm enclosing an email from Pauline S.
Pauline and Ed lived and served in Guatemala for over 60 years!

Dear ones,

I am so glad you enjoyed the Mam Bible Dedication in Ostuncalco.  How I would have loved to be able to be there. I was aware of it's beginning, back in the early '20's. Edward had a part in the first NT and he and Ruben did the second and he tried to help Pedro Daniel with his last work, but Pedro is very capable and it was time we leave.

So from start to finish has been 84 years, all still in my memory. Bob has promised to send us a copy.  We'll see if we can read it as it is in the new alphabet.


Anyway, I can feel the joy you had in one dedication, when you were unable to see that of your parents, and thanks for sharing information of the work in Guatemala all along. 

May our great God grant your every desire,

Pauline

There have been many folks that have worked on this translation project for over 84 years.  I understand Ralph Winter, founder of US Center for World Mission and many others have contributed to the work.  Amazing!

Here is a picture of Ed and Pauline with their grandson and wife and great grandson!

No comments:

Post a Comment