Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Geritol Journey

These past few weeks I've been on a "Geritol trip". I don't know what Geritol does, but I think it has something to do with the aches and pains when you get old. I always think of it as an old person's vitamin to cure his ailing body. I remember seeing the Geritol bottle advertised in black and white on game shows back in the 60's.

Glenn and I arrived just 12 hours before my Aunt passed away. We are grateful for God's perfect timing ~ that we were here to experience her "home going" and help my parents. Then right after the funeral, we headed to Colorado to spend a whole week in a log cabin in the mountains with my parents. See, last year we had the honor and joy to share a week with my parents in the log cabin and I said "lets do this again in 10 years". Then I looked at my 80 year old dad and said "Nope, lets do this again next year."
Life is precious and life is short. Even this past week we have learned of a dear soul that died in a plane accident. We will miss Ron.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment