Friday, August 07, 2009

My Biology Classroom

For the past 3 weeks, I've been taking an "on-line" Biology class for the degree completion program with Moody. Remember, its been since 1974 since I've taken a science class, so this has been a real stretch for me. We've converted our dinning room table to my science lab. I must say the course is quite interesting and I've learned a lot.
I am counting the days down until this course is over! I lack just a few more days , a few more labs and some final tests. I learned more about the workings of cells, genetic engineering and other things. I did have an "ahh haaa" moment recently. I was watching the DVD "GATTACA" for extra credit about the genetic engineering possibilities in the future. It was fascinating and thought provoking how man can possibly manipulate the cell formation. After watching the movie and then studying about DNA and stuff, it dawned on me that the letters of the basic DNA molecule are made up of ATGC. That was an "aaah haaa" moment for me.

5 more days of classes.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment