Friday, November 20, 2015

Exploring Surfside and the Beach

Sunrise in Surfside
Exploring Quintana State Park

During WWII, the gun mounds at the base of the shipping canal, which are now within the County Park, were erected to protect Dow's Magnesium plant.  Guns were placed atop the mounds to protect the defense plant from aircraft, warships and submarines.

Then we enjoyed an afternoon of bicycling along the Oyster Creek Trail in Lake Jackson.
Good thing I downloaded my photos onto my computer, because the next day while we were out cycling, I misplaced my camera.  We went back to our picnic area to see if it was still there.  It was nowhere to be found.  I have my phone number on the camera, so hopefully someone will call us, otherwise I hope the camera is a blessing to someone else just as much as it has been for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment