Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vail Summitt

Glenn and I rode down from the top of Vail Pass Summit 10,662 feet to the city of Vail 8,150 feet.  It was mostly down hill.  The views were spectacular. Towards the village of Vail, the road leveled out, and we bicycled between and around some beautiful golf courses.  We rode through multimillion dollar neighborhoods on the back side of the golf course.



We rode through an Aspen tree forest.

Beautiful!

I stopped along the way frequently to take photos and just to enjoy the beauty of the mountains, wild life, flowers, clear blue sky and fresh mountain air.




We had a picnic lunch along a stream.  This is the 4th day in a row we had ham and cheese sandwiches.  But I'm not complaining, we enjoyed our sack lunches.






Then after c-o-a-s-t-i-n-g downhill to the west, Glenn dropped me off at the Summit again, and I rode my bicycle down in the other direction from 10,662 feet to Frisco at 9,075 feet.  Then Glenn parked and rode his bicycle up towards Copper Mountain and met me and we rode together on home.

I really love this trail.  Easy.  And beautiful.

Tomorrow's blog will be the story about how we got these bicycles.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! You probably don't know that when Harold was in college (during the summer) he did the surveying to lay out one of the ski lifts there in Vail. He grew up in Grand Junction, CO. The place has grown tremendously since then!
    Carol Krause

    ReplyDelete