Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day in Nicaragua


This year I got to spend Mother's day with my oldest daughter, Ellen (29), and only grandson, baby David (10 months old), in Nicaragua.

What a special time to spend it with just us 3.  Glenn was in Guatemala and Luke was out on a youth retreat for the weekend.  We went to church, to The Diner for Brunch, had a long afternoon nap, watched an old episode of Home Improvement (Season 2) and then had Mexican Casserole for supper.  Luke and Ellen went out later in the evening and I was home alone with Baby David.  The electricity went out as the sun was setting, so we went to plan B to finish his bottle feeding and story time and went off to bed.


Earlier in the weekend, Ellen and I drove to a local mall to check out the store, but in  reality, we were wanting to duck into an AIR-CONDITIONED store to cool down.  It is HOT in Nicaragua.

David got lots of looks while we strolled through Las Americas Mall.
  

David loves water, so he enjoyed some time in his little kiddie pool.

I am thankful that I could
  • Spend the weekend with my daughter and grandson in Nicaragua
  • Have a 3 way conference call with Glenn in Guatemala and my mother at the lake in Texas for Mother's Day
  • Hear from all of my 3 children
All in all, I had a very good Mother's Day.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment