Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dr. and Mrs. Núñez

 
(About my dear friend Esther, now in Glory!)

Recently Glenn and I made a house call along with Gary and Esperanza to our missionary friends, the Núñez'.  We literally had to follow in our car behind Gary as he drove past the old section of town, across Calle Martí and down a winding and curvy road to the colonia in which the Núñez' lived.

Esther had not been feeling well.  It was a challenge for her to walk up and down the stairs.  They hoped to be moving soon to a one-level house.

I just loved listening (in Spanish) to their stories.  Hearing them talk about their experiences, friends and ministry that they have had over the years.  

Glenn says, "Dr. Núñez, is like Dr. Howard Hendricks at SETECA (a similar seminary to Dallas Theological Seminary)."  And I can say, I see why.  He is well respected, intelligent (having written several books with another on the way) and very loving.  

What a privilege to serve in pastoral care and when I think I'm ministering to them, in reality, they are ministering to me.

(I had this Blog to go out this next week, but will post it now.  We just got a call this morning at 5:30am that Esther passed away at 3:00am this morning.  There will be a burial today or as late as tomorrow.  I grieve for the fact that within 4 days, 2 CAM missionaries (David and now Esther) have passed away. Both will be missed!)
~J




No comments:

Post a Comment