Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Sandwich Years


They call it the  
Sandwich years.

I can tell you that we are a living example of the "sandwich years".  On one side we are experiencing new birth, new life, new beginnings as we are blessed with our new, little grandson David.


And on the other side, we are experiencing moments with my parents, known to so many as GrandMommy and GrandDaddy, as we watch them experience the changes that necessarily come with older age, known in Latin America as the "tercera edad".  Recently we have noticed that GrandMommy is having difficulty with her memory.  Although the doctors have not given her condition a name, they have prescribed some medication.  

Mom and Dad still hold hands while walking into church.  They continue to be a blessing to many many people.

We love GrandMommy!


I cherish the moments I have with my parents.  I value their wisdom and example that they have shared with us kids for so many years.

Do pray for Glenn and me as we balance our ministry and life with our adult children and now as we seek to be more available to my parents in more tangible ways. (as needed)

We are right smack
in the middle
of a
sandwich...

~Judy



2 comments:

  1. Loved your update letter. So good to hear what is going on with the Stewarts :) Carey Basick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy,
    Glad I saw you in the bathroom at NBC a few weeks ago and was able to hug your neck and shed a few tears with you. He is good and will walk with you thru these sandwich years.

    ReplyDelete