Saturday, April 03, 2010

My Aunt Bonnie and Her Baby Brother

Meet my Aunt Bonnie.  She is one of Dad's 5 sisters.  I don't know where in line she falls, but I know she was one of Dad's older sisters.  Aunt Bonnnie died on April 1st.  She would have been 88 this next week.  

Several months ago, I had the privilege to drive my parents over to Weatherford and visit with her.  She was frail at the time.  She didn't talk much, but had a smile on her face when she saw her baby brother (my dad, age 81).


My dad took his cell phone and placed a long distance call for Aunt Bonnie to talk to another sister, Aunt Mayrene.  They didn't talk long and I wonder if she knew who she was talking to.

I remember as a child learning how to ski at Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Bill's lake house.  She was always so kind.  Aunt Bonnie lived a long and happy life.  She had many challenges that life can throw you, Uncle Bill dying at an early age over 30 years ago and a daughter tragically killed in a plane accident, but through it all she stood firm.  Thank you Aunt Bonnie for your example.  You will be missed, especially by your baby brother (my dad).


~J

No comments:

Post a Comment