Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cinnamon Blitz





Wednesday morning Madison helped me make one of Gary's favorite Breakfast items, Cinnamon Blitzes. They are easy to make. I've been fixing this breakfast dish for the past several years to take the place of the Sour Cream Coffee cake that I made for so many years during the holidays. Here is the recipe...

Cinnamon Blitzes
2 loaves bread, thinly sliced (cut off crust)
2 pkgs of 8 oz. cream cheese
2 egg yokes
1/2 c sugar
1 cup of melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2-3 teaspoon of cinnamon

Trim crust of bread. Combine cream cheese, egg yolks and sugar. Spread the mixture on the bread and roll up. Mix together melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Dip the rolled bread in the mixture and place in greased casserole dish or placed in greased foil for easier clean up. Cover. Cook in a 350 degree oven for 15 - 20 min. Delicious. Taste like a glorified sweet roll.

Happy New Years!!

~J

2 comments:

  1. what was wrong with the cream cheese coffee cake? that sounds really yummy too

    ReplyDelete
  2. your list of ingredients made my mind wonder what "egg yokes" would look like...and would chickens wear them? I sort of picture them as a graphic on a box of Egg Beaters with a quote underneath..."my yoke is light and my breakfast is whites" :-)

    ReplyDelete