Wednesday, March 14, 2007

MEETING MATT and AMANDA at random Recently, we got a call from our dear friend, Jeff Orcutt, who told us that that Matt and Amanda were in Guatemala for a wedding. No phone contact. No email. Then we heard that they were visiting Antigua on Friday. Glenn and I were heading to Antigua for Intermission Conference. We had no idea where to look, however, I mentioned to Glenn that we should drive around the plaza and then also drive by the market. Just as we made the turn into town off the "main hiway", I said "There they are!" Sure enough, Matt and Amanda were walking down the street. We took them on by surprise. We joined the Orcutts with Juan and 2 other friends from JBU. (SIDE NOTE, Matt grew up in Bolivia along with our kids as MKs. His parents, Jeff and Kathy are dear dear friends of ours.)

EMILY


Ok, so we are visiting with Matt and Amanda's friends from JBU. Emily says she's an MK from Moscow. I said "NO way, you must have gone to Hickson Academy in Moscow!" Long story short...or maybe this is where "small world...big family" comes in. Emily's mom was my contact person when I traveled with Annette in 2005 to represent Moody at MK schools through Europe. And then to find out, Emily's sister, Annie is the Admission director for MKs at JBU and Gary has been in contact with her these past few weeks/months. Small world.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, that is CRAZY AWESOME!! How cool is that!!??

    We are going to Kiev this year...

    It looks warm there, I need to come visit! hahah!

    ReplyDelete