Monday, September 11, 2006



BACK IN GUATEMALA

Has it been nearly a month since we dropped Karen off at Moody? Yes, time does fly when you get older, doesn't it.

On Wednesday, we got Karen all moved into her room. Gary helped put the bed up higher and hooked up her computer. Dad hung the curtains and moved the furniture around. Karen's roommate is a continueing student so we haven't met her.

We ate lunch at Giodonios pizza (same place we had Ellen's graduation family dinner). Glenn surprised us and picked us up in a Mustang. Then drove it back to the school. During the parent orientation, we met Karen's next door (Erin) neighbor's parents. There were about 20 students who's parents went to Moody also (Glenn and me included). We got a group picture of that. After supper, we had a special parent/child worship service in TG. It was where we dedicated our child to their studies at Moody, and then when the students prayed for their parents also. It was very nice.

We walked out to the parking lot and waved Karen good by. She hardly knew anyone. But is now getting around.

The next morning, (4am), I drove Glenn and Gary to Ohare airport and they flew on back to DAllas, and then to Guatemala the same evening. I headed on south towards Memphis. I stopped along the way at many Wal-mart stores, to walk around and stretch my legs. I made it to DAllas the next day. Not a bad time. All the while, I was addressing and writing notes on our prayer letter and stuffing the envelope with our new prayer card. I did this at the rest stops and stuff.

1 comment:

  1. HEY! Are you getting any of my emails??!!! About Asia...you still coming??!!! Have you talked to Traci yet?? I hope you are coming!!

    ReplyDelete